The Planning Board is responsible for the preparation and adoption of the Master Plan, which is the guide for development of the community. It reviews and recommends adoption of all amendments to the Land Development Ordinance
The Planning Board also reviews all proposed subdivision of land for compliance with Article VII of the Land Development Ordinance, which contains all standards for development of new streets, sewers, and utilities.
The Planning Board is charged under the Land Development Ordinance with the responsibility to review all site plans, parking projects and major building projects for proper design and drainage according to standards.
Regular Public Meetings are scheduled for the first Monday of the month at 7:30 p.m. at Borough Hall. Any changes to this schedule are published prior to the meeting.
The Planning Board, through the Master Plan and Land Development Ordinance, sets the pattern for development of the community. It has additional powers under the Land Use Law. It conducts hearings and may grant certain non-use type variances.
The Historical Commission researches older houses in the Borough of Rumson and provides support to the Planning and Zoning Board.
Click on the links below to download pdf documents of the Borough of Rumson Zoning Map:
Download the Rumson Borough Tax Maps here.
Online Planning Documents (click to download):
- Planning Board Application
- Rumson Master Plan Documents:
- 1988 Master Plan.pdf
- 7 25 94 Reexamination Report.pdf
- 7 11 95 Housing Element and Fair Share Plan.pdf
- 8 5 97 Reexamination Report.pdf
- 6 3 02 Reexamination Report.pdf
- 6 3 02 Land Use and Historic Preservation Element.pdf
- 11 18 02 Reexamination Report.pdf
- 11 18 02 Land Use Amendment.pdf
- 8 18 03 Housing Element and Fair Share Plan.pdf