top of page


Year Built:


Property Description

Block: 88 Lot: 35

Year Built: 1875

Historic Name: St. Georges on the Hill

Style: Gothic Revival with a Tudor Revival Addition

Built by: Henry W. Walker

Architect: A. J. Bloor

Foundation: Masonry

Structure: Wood and Stone

Fenestration: Varied

This structure is considered: Significant

Comment: This was the original St. George’s Church and is remarkably preserved. When replaced by the current church on Lincoln Ave, the old church was added to the Edward Dean Estate in 1920 & eventually donated by the Dean’s to the Rumson Country Day School. See Rumson p 118 for additional information.

bottom of page