top of page


Year Built:


Property Description

Block: 87 Lot: 20

Year Built: 1893

Historic Name: Wm. F. Havermayer home originally called Hillcrest and later The Beeches.

Style: Queen Anne Style

Architect: Brunner and Tyron of New York.

Structure: Wood Frame

Fenestration: Varied

This structure is considered: Significant

Comment: According to the reference, the home at 5 Elm was a carriage house that was repurposed into a home, taking care to respect the design of the original house. Also known as Beeches. See Shaping a Superlative Suburb pp 111-112 for additional information.

bottom of page